I have always been a fan of the McVities Digestive biscuits. A couple of them alongwith a glass of milk gives me enough fuel for 2-3 hours. Ever since i started baking, I wanted to make these at home. It was while searching for the recipe, I stumbled upon this recipe here. Thank you Marianna, for sharing this recipe. You have made a dream come true for me.
The recipe is so simple and doable that I have decided not to buy them anymore but make it at home instead.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place oats in a mixer and grind until powdery texture is obtained.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Then add the butter and mix until crumbly.
- Add the milk and mix dough into a firm dough
- Form a ball and place in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Then take out dough, spread out to 3mm thickness and cut out 6cm diameter circles.
- Bake for 15 minutes, take out and let cool.